Housing & Residence
With residences as diverse as our student population, the University of Toronto (U of T) offers many housing and residence options so you can customize your living experience.
Students at the U of T Mississauga campus can access residence on campus. Medical students and Graduate students live in the townhouse community of Schreiberwood. Students living on their own, and with families, are welcome.
UTM residences provide students with:
- Fully furnished private bedrooms with access to wireless internet, state of the art laundry facilities and close proximity to a wide variety of food options on campus
- Connections with other students, including other MD students
- Peer-based social and academic supports – you’ll have two Residence Life Staff members right in your community to help make the most of your year
- 15 spots for MD students
For more on the residence options available at UTM and to apply, visit UTM Student Housing & Residence Life.
Residence application opens: May 15, 2020
Application deadlines: May 29, 2020 (Current Tenants) and June 10, 2020 (New Tenants)
Move In Day: August 23, 2020
Move Out Day: June 1, 2021
St. George Campus
There are a variety of residence options available for medical students on the St. George Campus. This includes spaces at Graduate House, as well as potential spaces at Loretto College (female only) and in U of T’s affiliate and independent residences. There are spaces available in Student Family Housing (apartment-style housing ideal for students living with partners and/or children).
Graduate House offers spaces for incoming and current medical students. Please note that all students are able to apply for a spot at Graduate House, with their general applications opening in early January for the following August entry.
Due to COVID-19, the Graduate House’s Recruitment Space Program (where there normally is a number of guaranteed spaces for medical students) is temporarily put on hold for this upcoming academic year. Students are still able to apply for a spot at the Graduate House, as well as other U of T Residence housing options by submitting an online application via the StarRez Portal. We recommend reviewing the information on the Graduate House website and the U of T Housing site first before you submit your application.
If you have questions regarding your residence application at the Graduate House, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applying for Residence on the St. George Campus
- Review the residence options for graduate and professional program students.
- Create a residence application on Star Portal. Login with your UTORid and password.
- Once you have received your login credentials select the residence options you are looking to apply to and complete your residence application. You must submit a deposit along with your application.
Residence application deadlines and deposit amounts may vary; please consult with the residence you are interested in for more information.
If you have questions about the status of your application, please contact: email@example.com
Off Campus Housing
U of T Housing Services offers information on off-campus and temporary housing options. They also provide you with access to rental listings through an online portal and provide support if you have questions about living off campus, tenant rights and more.
Every year our current medical students advertise housing opportunities in Toronto and Mississauga through the 2T4 Facebook group for incoming students. A link to the group page will be shared via welcome email from the O-Week team.