Housing & Residence
With residences as diverse as our student population, the University of Toronto (U of T) offers many housing and residence options so you can customize your living experience.
Students at the Mississauga Academy of Medicine (MAM) can access residence on the U of T Mississauga campus. Medical students and Graduate students live in the townhouse community of Schreiberwood. Students living on their own, and with families, are welcome.
UTM residences provide students with:
- Fully furnished private bedrooms with access to wireless internet, state of the art laundry facilities and close proximity to a wide variety of food options on campus
- Connections with other students, including others in the Mississauga Academy of Medicine
- Peer-based social and academic supports – you’ll have two Residence Life Staff members right in your community to help make the most of your year
For more on the residence options available at UTM and to apply, visit UTM Student Housing & Residence Life.
Residence application opens: May 25, 2018
Application deadlines: June 22, 2018 (for current tenants) and June 29, 2018 (for new tenants)
St. George Campus
There are a variety of residence options available for medical students on the St. George Campus. This includes a number of guarenteed spaces at Graduate House, as well as potential spaces at Loretto College (female only) and in U of T’s affiliate and independent residences. There are spaces available in Student Family Housing (apartment-style housing ideal for students living with partners and/or children).
Graduate House offers 18 guaranteed spaces for incoming and current medical students. In order to be considered for one of these spots, please e-mail us by Friday, June 15, 2018 to indicate your interest. Candidates will be informed of the decision by Tuesday, June 19, 2018 via e-mail.
All students who are interested in Graduate House must also submit an online residence application via Star Portal by Wednesday, July 6, 2018.
Applying for Residence on the St. George Campus
- Review the residence options for graduate and professional program students.
- Create a residence application on Star Portal. To login, enter your U of T student number and click on ‘obtain password’. A password will be sent to you with further instructions.
- Once you have received your login credentials select the residence options you are looking to apply to and complete your residence application. You must submit a deposit along with your application.
Residence application deadlines and deposit amounts may vary; please consult with the residence you are interested in for more information.
If you have questions about the status of your application, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Off Campus Housing
U of T Housing Services offers information on off-campus and temporary housing options. They also provide you with access to rental listings through an online portal and provide support if you have questions about living off campus, tenant rights and more.
Every year our current medical students advertise housing opportunities in Toronto and Mississauga through the 2T2 Facebook group or incoming students.