Community of Support
The MD Program is committed to the principles of equity and diversity and we recognize the importance of having a health care community that reflects the diversity of Canadian society.
The Community of Support program is a collaborative initiative to increase the number of students who are Indigenous, Black, Filipino, or economically disadvantaged in the University of Toronto MD program and in medical schools generally. Being a member of the Community of Support will provide you with access to the following opportunities:
- Admissions information and invitations to open house events and other opportunities hosted by the MD Enrolment Services Office (year-round)
- Volunteer opportunities provided by the Office of Health Professions Student Affairs (OHPSA), the Black Medical Students' Association (BMSA), the Black Physicians Association of Ontario (BPAO), and the Office of Indigenous Medical Education (year-round)
- Bio-stats Enrichment course (July - August)
- Research Application Support Initiative (RASI) which includes medical student support with developing research CVs, publishing research and finding research positions (October - March)
- MCAT Student Support Program (MSPP), our free MCAT prep program for COS members with financial need (May - July)
- Student Application Support Initiative (SASI) which pairs medical students with COS members who are applying to medical school (May - September) and receiving interviews (September - March)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please complete the Community of Support form.
- Awards, scholarships and bursaries for Black students
- Awards, scholarships and bursaries for Indigenous students