Community of Support
The MD Program is committed to the principles of equity and diversity and we recognize the importance of having a health care community that reflects the diversity of Canadian society.
The Community of Support (COS) is a collaborative and longitudinal initiative that support students who are Indigenous, Black, Filipino, economically disadvantaged, or who self-identify with having a disability at every stage of their journey to medical school. Being a member of the Community of Support will provide you with access to the following opportunities:
• Admissions information: one-on-one advising and access to admissions events
• Access to mentors (medical students, physicians) and experiences (enrichment courses, and leadership, research and volunteer opportunities)
• Support at each stage of the application process – i) MCAT preparation, ii) 1-1 support with the medical school application, and iii) school-specific interview preparation
If you are interested in this opportunity, please complete the Community of Support form.
• Indigenous Liaison at Western University Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry
- Awards, scholarships and bursaries for Black students
- Awards, scholarships and bursaries for Indigenous students